Chicago Heating Maintenance
About Our Heating Precision Tune-Up (Gas Forced Air)
- Check thermostat calibration - An improperly calibrated thermostat will call for more or less heating then desired. The former will cost you money, the latter will cost you comfort.
- Replace Air Filter - A dirty air filter can reduce heating efficiency and increase costly energy usage and affect the reliability of the equipment.
- Check and adjust air flow for proper temperature rise - One way to assure maximum efficiency of your heating system.
- Check and adjust blower components - Proper adjustment and cleanliness of the blower and components is necessary for adequate air flow, it also assures proper capacity and equipment reliability.
- Lubricate all moving parts when necessary - Poor lubrication causes drag in the motor and drive shaft, thereby requiring more electricity to overcome resistance. Lack of lubrication can ruin the bearings and burn out the motor.
- Check and adjust burner operation - To insure smooth ignition, pilot light and burners are observed for proper burning.
- Check and clean heat exchanger - To assure proper fuel combustion and avoid the possibility of creating carbon monoxide in the house.
- Check high limit control - The principal control in the furnace to prevent overheating and possible damage to the unit and the structure it is located in.
- Check fan control - To assure fan comes on and goes off at predetermined temperatures in order to deliver the proper temperature of air into the home.
- Check and clean flue - Necessary to assure proper fuel draft and also to prevent flue obstructions.
- Check manifold gas pressure - Proper pressure is required to control fuel input to the furnace burners.
- Check heat anticipator - Located in the thermostat, it insures that the furnace will supply the heat when necessary.