Chicago Air Conditioning Maintenance
About Our 15 Point Central Air Conditioning Precision Tune-Up
- Check and clean condenser coil – Foreign material on the condenser coil reduces the system's capacity to remove heat from the house. BENEFIT: Extends life of system and saves money.
- Check voltage and amperage on motors – Improper voltage and amperage can reduce significantly the life of the compressor, evaporator and condenser motor. BENEFIT: Extends life of system.
- Check and adjust blower components – Proper adjustment and cleanliness of blower and components are necessary for adequate air flow. BENEFIT: Avoids costly service calls; saves money on fuel costs.
- Check condensate drain. Clean if necessary – A clogged condensate drain can cause severe water damage to the furnace as well as affect indoor humidity levels. BENEFIT: Saves money on fuel; extends life of system.
- Check operating pressure for proper refrigerant charge – Improper refrigerant charge, too much or too little could damage the compressor and could cause high electric bills through a curtailment of system efficiency. BENEFIT: Saves money on fuel; extends life of system.
- Check all safety controls – Essential for proper protection of system. BENEFIT: Assures safety of unit.
- Change air filter, no extra charge – A dirty air filter can reduce the air flow over the evaporator coil resulting in inadequate cooling of your home. Dirty air filters also cause energy bills to increase. BENEFIT: Saves money; increases comfort; extends life of system.
- Calibrate thermostat – An improperly calibrated thermostat will call for more or less cooling than desired. The former will cost you money, the latter will cost you comfort. BENEFITS: Saves money on utility costs; increases comfort.
- Lubricate blower – Lubrication of the blower in your furnace reduces friction, thus your blower will operate more quietly and inexpensively. It will also extend the blower's life by keeping it running cooler. BENEFIT: Saves money; extends life of system.
- Check starting capabilities – Assures system will start and operate when needed. BENEFIT: Extends life; saves money on fuel.
- Lubricate outside fan – Lubrication of outside fan unit will extend its life and make it less expensive to operate. BENEFIT: Extends life; saves money on fuel.
- Check all electrical connections – Loose connections cause improper voltage to various components, making them either inoperative or causing eventual failure. BENEFIT: Extends life; assures safety.
- Check temperature drop – By checking the actual degrees of temperature drop throughout your system, our Technician can pinpoint whether or not your system is actually cooling your home like you want it to. BENEFIT: Assures total system efficiency.
- Check fins on outside condensing unit – By checking the fins on your unit our Technician can increase the air flow through your unit, saving you money and extending the life of your condenser coils. BENEFIT: Extends life; saves money on fuel.
- Add up to 1 pound of refrigerant - Proper refrigerant charge assures comfort while extending the life of your compressor. A $35 value. BENEFIT: Increase the comfort of you and your family.